Becoming a doctor is the dream of many students all around the world but due to the high level of competition and high fees involved in studying medicine, it`s a cup of tea for all parents to afford medical education for their children.
With fewer medical colleges and more applicants for the MBBS course, NEET has become an extremely competitive examination with the high cutoff for securing a seat in a Government college.
Russia has been an affordable choice for any student for getting their MBBS degree without paying high fees. Top Medical University in Russia which is approved by the Medical Council of India have lesser fees than private medical colleges in India.
The quality of medical education in Russia is much better than Indian medical education as their emphasis is more on the practicals after each topic completion, practical and a test is taken for analyzing the level of understanding among students.
Eligibility for MBBS in Russia
As per the MCI advisory, The result of NEET shall be valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of declaration of result.
What is the duration of MBBS in Russia?
So, even if MBBS duration in Russia is 1 year longer than MBBS duration in India. I think it's worth the quality of medical education provided in Russia.
List of Russian University recognized by MCI
MCI is the apex body in India that recognizes Medical colleges/institutions in India and abroad and it is mandatory for students to complete their education in MCI recognized colleges only if they want to practice medicine in India else their practice will be illegal as per Indian law.
So, before taking admission in MBBS in Russia. Parents/students should check whether university they/their ward are planning to take admission for MBBS is recognized by MCI or not.
Below is the list of the university which is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Belgorod State National Research University
- Chechen State University
- Chuvash State University named after I.N. Ulyanov
- Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Ivanovo State Medical Academy
- Izhevsk State Medical Academy
- Kabardian-Balkarian State University
- Kazan Federal (Volga) University
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kuban State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Mari State University
- National Research Nuclear University "MiFi"
- National Research Ogarev Mordovia State University
- North Ossetian State Medical Academy
- North-Eastern Federal University named after MK Ammosov
- Northern State Medical University
- Novosibirsk National Research State University
- Omsk State Medical University
- Orel State University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Pacific State Medical University
- Penza State University
- Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Vagner
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Pskov State University
- Rostov State Medical University
- National Research Medical University named after N.I. Pirogov
- Peoples Friendship University
- Ryazan State Medical University named after I.P. Pavlov
- Saratov State Medical University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- St. Petersburg State Pediatric Medical Academy
- Stavropol State Medical University
- Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin
- The First Moscow State Medical University named after Sechenov
- The First St. Petersburg State Medical University named after Pavlov
- Tula State University
- Tver State Medical University
- Tyumen State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Ural State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University
- Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko
- Yaroslavl State Medical University
Why should you take admission in MBBS Program in Russia?
- Good quality of Medical Education in Russia: In Russia, more emphasis is given to practical training, after each topic practicals are being conducted which is further followed by a test to understand the grasp over the topic by the student. Teaching methodology in Russian medical university is different from the India Education system where more emphasis is given to theoretical knowledge.
- Affordable medical education: If any student in India is not able to secure a good rank in NEET exam due to which he/she is not able to get admission in Government Medical College then you opt for private medical colleges in India which charge high fees and also do not provide good medical education. Pursuing MBBS in Russia is a good option for students to do MBBS in lesser fees than fees charged in Private Medical Colleges in India.
- No Donation and Capitation Fees: In India, if you fail to get top rank in NEET then due to lesser number of seats in Government Medical colleges in India you have no other option then to take admission in private medical college which charges donation and capitation fees apart from the high yearly fees. While in Russia, there is no donations charged by medical universities. In addition to this, total fees for mbbs program is also less than the fees charged private medical university in India.
- Availability of Indian Food: Indian Food is easily available in Mess in Hostel due to a large number of Indian intake in Russian universities.
- World Class Infrastructure: Russian Medical Universities have world-class infrastructure and have a good world ranking in education.
- International Exposure: You get to meet a student from various countries. Due to advantage Russia provide in medical education, it is an attraction point for the student from other nations as well. Russian university also has tie-ups with European universities for a student exchange program which gives the opportunity to the student to meet people from another country and learn about their culture and tradition.
- No entrance test for admission: There is no entrance test for admission to the mbbs course however admission is based on the class XII marks and NEET score.
- Opportunity to learn Russian Language: After you get admission, you are taught the Russian language at the university so that you do not face any challenges during your stay in Russia.
- Low Living expenses: In Smaller cities, the living cost is $ 150-200. When you get admission to university in a big city the living cost increases. However, if we compare it with other cities in the world, the overall cost of living in Russia is lesser.
MBBS Fees in Russia
As per studyineurope.in website data, MBBS fees of the various medical university has been analyzed below-
Do let me know if you find this article useful or not in the Comment Section.